StandUp2HIVAtl is a citywide campaign designed to increase awareness of HIV/AIDS & its impact on minority communities throughout Fulton & DeKalb Counties. As part of the High Impact HIV Prevention Program (HIPP), the Stand Up 2 HIV Atl campaign establishes ways to inform Fulton and DeKalb County residents about HIV. Stand Up 2 HIV Atl encourages community mobilization to create environments that support HIV prevention by actively involving community members in efforts to raise HIV awareness, motivating individuals to work to end HIV stigma, and encouraging HIV risk reduction among family, friends, and neighbors.
- I pledge to educate myself and others about HIV/AIDS.
- I pledge to have a conversation with my sexual partner(s) about HIV.
- I pledge to get tested for HIV and encourage my family and friends to do the same.
- I pledge to get tested for HIV and connect others to HIV/AIDS resources.
- I pledge to offer tools to empower others within the community.
- I pledge to leave this place today knowing that I am in control of my sexual health and that I am worthy of the best that love and life have to offer!